Campus Spotlight: Kutztown University
Also check out
The Office of Research and Strategic Initiatives at OrgSync is committed to helping you grapple with the tough questions in higher education by bringing you thought leaders in the field who can shed light on theories, strategies, and...
OrgSync’s comprehensive suite of features is designed specifically to meet the needs of administrators, departments, programs, and organizations on campus. OrgSync connects all the tools you need into one centralized platform...
OrgSync webinars are an educational resource designed to bring you practical knowledge from leading experts in higher education.
The Kutztown University Recreational Services department was looking for a way to make life easier for club sports programs. Prior to implementing OrgSync, forms were processed in-house through a paper-based system that was lengthy and time-consuming. Students had to submit a variety of paper forms, and Jay Gallagher, Coordinator of Structured Sports, Recreational Services, spent at least two hours per day manually entering forms into Excel. Now, the department’s five major forms have been transferred online, Jay can quickly review and approve forms online and students can easily share information, upload data, and log records. “The biggest value of OrgSync is having everything that we need all in one place,” said Jay. “From my standpoint, OrgSync has made my life 100 times easier.”
- Five major club sports forms have been transitioned online. Students have submitted 795 participant packets, 150 activity reports, 174 travel forms, 137 schedule requests, and 39 CPR forms through OrgSync. This has saved countless hours of manual review, processing, and approvals, and has allowed for more instantaneous feedback and faster turnaround.
- The ability to easily manage rosters is a big benefit to both club officers and department administrators. It provides a more efficient way to manage new members and quickly identify who is active in each club.
- Clubs can now upload their constitutions, schedules, meeting notes, and other resources online, making day-to-day activities more efficient and better organized. This has also greatly improved officer transition as student leaders no longer have to pass on information via email or external drives. This not only saves time but also mitigates the risk of losing valuable data from year to year.
- Clubs have utilized messaging, to-do lists, and calendaring resources to manage and promote events. Events are also now visible on the university calendar and clubs can more easily promote their events to the greater student body.
- Active Portals: 21
- Favorite Features: Forms, Messaging
- Institution: Kutztown University
- Institution Type: Public, four-year university
- Full-Time Enrollment: 10,000+
- OrgSync Member Since: 2013
“If the opportunity of implementing OrgSync presents itself you need to take advantage of it because it’s only going to make your program that much better.”