The University of Miami was searching for a system that was user-friendly and easy to navigate for both students and staff. At the onset, the University brought on OrgSync as a way to streamline their election process. Now, they have expanded their use of OrgSync, incorporating it into multiple campus initiatives including organization registration, elections, events, and more. “OrgSync is a really neat way to showcase opportunities that a college campus has to offer,” said Maritza Torres, Assistant Director, Student Activities and Student Organizations. “It’s really helpful to have a one-stop-shop for all student involvement on campus,” she adds.
- Roughly 70% of students are on OrgSync, with an ultimate goal of every enrolled student having a profile.
- Registration for anything the Department of Student Activities and Student Organizations is hosting (involvement fairs, award ceremonies, or organization registration, etc.) is now done completely through OrgSync.
- All forms are digital and student leaders are trained to post to OrgSync’s event calendar to ensure a more comprehensive list of campus-wide events.
- Student officers have digital resources available at their fingertips. For example, the student budget committee uploads funding files and student budgets directly to OrgSync.
- Prospective students can quickly and easily see what is going on around campus and discover how to get involved.
- Different areas of campus on board: Fraternity and Sorority Life, Department of Student Activities and Student Organizations, University of Miami Law School, and Butler Center for Service and Leadership
- Add-on products purchased: API, Authentication, Four Umbrellas
- Favorite tools: Forms, events, files, reports
- Institution Type: Private, four-year institution
- Full-Time Enrollment: Approximately 15,000 students, full-time enrollment
- Number of Student Organizations: 276
- OrgSync Member Since: Summer, 2012
"OrgSync is creating the new culture for student involvement on campus…students know what OrgSync is because everything is on it."