Campus Spotlight: University of Miami
Also check out
The Office of Research and Strategic Initiatives at OrgSync is committed to helping you grapple with the tough questions in higher education by bringing you thought leaders in the field who can shed light on theories, strategies, and...
OrgSync’s comprehensive suite of features is designed specifically to meet the needs of administrators, departments, programs, and organizations on campus. OrgSync connects all the tools you need into one centralized platform...
OrgSync webinars are an educational resource designed to bring you practical knowledge from leading experts in higher education.
The University of Miami was searching for a system that was user-friendly and easy to navigate for both students and staff. At the onset, the University brought on OrgSync as a way to streamline their election process. Now, they have expanded their use of OrgSync, incorporating it into multiple campus initiatives including organization registration, elections, events, and more. “OrgSync is a really neat way to showcase opportunities that a college campus has to offer,” said Maritza Torres, Assistant Director, Student Activities and Student Organizations. “It’s really helpful to have a one-stop-shop for all student involvement on campus,” she adds.
- Roughly 70% of students are on OrgSync, with an ultimate goal of every enrolled student having a profile.
- Registration for anything the Department of Student Activities and Student Organizations is hosting (involvement fairs, award ceremonies, or organization registration, etc.) is now done completely through OrgSync.
- All forms are digital and student leaders are trained to post to OrgSync’s event calendar to ensure a more comprehensive list of campus-wide events.
- Student officers have digital resources available at their fingertips. For example, the student budget committee uploads funding files and student budgets directly to OrgSync.
- Prospective students can quickly and easily see what is going on around campus and discover how to get involved.
- Different areas of campus on board: Fraternity and Sorority Life, Department of Student Activities and Student Organizations, University of Miami Law School, and Butler Center for Service and Leadership
- Add-on products purchased: API, Authentication, Four Umbrellas
- Favorite tools: Forms, events, files, reports
- Institution Type: Private, four-year institution
- Full-Time Enrollment: Approximately 15,000 students, full-time enrollment
- Number of Student Organizations: 276
- OrgSync Member Since: Summer, 2012
"OrgSync is creating the new culture for student involvement on campus…students know what OrgSync is because everything is on it."