Business Development Director
About the Job
OrgSync is seeking experienced Business Development Directors to expand our sales growth and customer outreach throughout the United States. OrgSync sells its web-based software to higher education institutions and is currently partnered with more than 250 campuses. We have chosen a direct sales strategy, which allows us to develop solid relationships with and understand each of our future clients' individual needs. At OrgSync, we pride ourselves on providing superior account management and customer service and this begins with our Business Development Directors.
OrgSync's Business Development Directors will be responsible for generating new business through outside sales activities such as cold calls, prospecting, attending conferences, and other relationship building activities. The typical sales cycle ranges anywhere from 3 months to 1 year, which is a result of the large ticket price for each sale. Candidates will be incentivized with a base salary, a commission on each sale, a full range of benefits, and stock options. 1-3+ years of sales experience is preferred, especially as it relates to software, webinars, higher education or B2B.
- Perform pipeline building activities to identify qualified prospects for new business development
- Attend various annual conferences to develop relationships with likely buyers
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the application and services offered by OrgSync
- Cold call 40-50 prospects per day to inform potential customers about OrgSync products / services
- Follow up with prospective clients through various email marketing campaigns
- Conduct product walkthroughs / webinars to provide online demonstration of product (approximately 1 hour)
- Maintain documentation of sales activities in order to facilitate appropriate reporting (SalesForce)
- Up-sell potential buyers with any or all of OrgSync's complementary add-on services
- Maintain active relationships with clients to help solicit new business through referrals