Frontend Dev / Designer
About the Job
We want someone awesome. Someone who loves to make things, loves to solve problems and loves to work with others. Our product is growing fast and our design team needs to keep up. This position is for a designer to work with our marketing department on a myriad of things -- we need a well-rounded designer who can work in print or web. Our front-facing website needs to be maintained and updated, and from time to time it needs to be refreshed with new design. We have a range of print collateral that is constantly expanding and changing. We design one-off-emails, splash & landing pages, signage, logos, tradeshow booths etc.... if you work here you will never get bored from repeating the same job.
Our team is looking for someone to lend valuable design perspective on all projects. Your insight will help mold marketing initiatives and goals. We move fast, so managing multiple projects will be a requirement. You may communicate with some of our clients and will definitely interface with all parts of our team. We love being creative but we also love design that communicates a business goal; there are times to experiment at OrgSync and times to get something out the door. Real Designers Ship.
Our team is a bunch of OrgSync-loving rockstars. OrgSync was founded six years ago in Austin, Texas, was bootstrapped out of a house and now is on over 300 campuses across the United States from UCLA to Wake Forest. We are no longer classified as a start-up but we still think we are, and everyone here has a passion to change the world with OrgSync.
If you love the web you'll want to know that we are a Rails Shop. If you don't know it that's completely fine - you will, with some of the best developers in all of Texas. You will learn from them, and hopefully they will learn from you. Every team at OrgSync is picky when it comes to hiring and we only hire the best, which makes it a great experience to come to work everyday. We're laid back and flip-flop friendly if that's your style.
The Boring Stuff: Candidates will be incentivized with a base salary, a full range of benefits, and stock options.
- 2+ years experience using Creative Suite applications, including: InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator
- Produce accurate and high quality work from client/account team briefs
- Ability to set up digital files designed for print correctly and adhere to printer's specifications
- Experience with visual brand identity development
- Strong communication skills and confidence talking with people
- Mastery of layout, type and color
- Excellent time management skills and work well under tight deadlines
- Writing web pages in standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Experience with service side languages is a plus but not a requirement (we can teach you!)
- Design graphics for all marketing materials, conference materials, implementation and training guides
- Design and production of emails, templates and marketing materials
- Build custom websites for customers that have purchased design services
- Test web site for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions
- Optimize web sites for Search Engine Optimization
- Lead small and large scale design projects, set deliverables and deadlines, and drive projects to completion
- Collaborate with marketing team to continually improve marketing documents and collateral
- Learn more and keep growing as a designer (we all do this)
- Email us: email@example.com or Learn More about OrgSync