About the Job
We were founded in 2007, have over 350 higher-ed institutions as clients and are growing rapidly to reach our goal of working with every college and university across the United States and Canada. In the future, we will also be entering other markets that can utilize our dynamic and evolving product. We have an exciting and relaxed culture that values team members' contributions and dedication. Come be a part of our growth.
Most of our code is written in Ruby and runs on the Rails stack backed by a MySQL database, but we also incorporate other technologies such as Node.js, Memcached and Redis. We use GitHub for version control and our infrastructure is entirely hosted via cloud services.
This is a full-time position at our headquarters in Dallas, TX and includes a competitive base salary, a full range of benefits, and an awesome team of creative people by your side.
- Passion for developing excellent software and an appreciation for elegant code
- Strong understanding of browser environments and cross-browser compatibility nuance
- Experience with frontend MV* frameworks (Backbone/Angular/etc)
- Experience with jQuery or analogous frameworks (Zepto, dojo, YUI, mootools, etc)
- Experience developing responsive mobile browser-based applications a plus
- Strong CSS skills (Compass/SASS experience a plus)
- Open source project contributions a plus
- Ability to play "Careless Whisper" on saxophone a plus
- Flawless karaoke execution of "I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz 2 Men
- Strong written and verbal communication skills