About the Job
OrgSync is a higher-ed platform focused on creating an online campus community. We help students get involved, admins get organized, and campuses get meaningful information from their data. Founded in 2007, we now serve hundreds of institutions with millions of users around the globe. We have an exciting and relaxed culture that values team members' contributions and dedication. Come be a part of our team!
You'll be working alongside a team of developers and designers committed to building a modern, robust, and scalable web application to serve our users on the web and mobile. You'll be able to leverage your particular skills and expertise to voice your opinion and help influence decisions. Ideas and innovations come from all areas of the company.
Our platform is a balance between cutting-edge and production-solid. We aren’t afraid to try new things, but they must support our millions of users. The platform is primarily a Ruby on Rails app, with additional services crafted in Clojure, Node, and more. On the front-end, we’re big React fans, and we have iOS and Android mobile apps. We’re fully hosted on AWS with a matching Docker stack for local development.
We take time to and find great joy in teaching and learning from each other. We have a culture of constant learning and improving. We give back to the community by publishing open source projects and hosting a variety meetups and hack nights at our office.
Kinds of things you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with designers and other developers to solve problems
- Plan, execute, and support new features
- Maintain, upgrade, and support existing features
- Participate in daily stand-ups and bi-weekly sprint meetings
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for developing excellent software and constantly improving your craft
- Back-end, front-end, or full-stack
- Junior to senior – we have multiple openings to grow our team alongside our success
- Background working with web/mobile and open source technologies a plus
- Full-time position at our headquarters in Dallas, TX
- Competitive base salary plus benefits
- We provide MacBook Pros and Thunderbolt monitors
- Awesome team of creative people by your side
- Our office environment is relaxed, casual, and dog-friendly. We are located near the Cottonwood bike trail and have a workout facility and shower on-site. We also have a fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast, lunch, and snack foods.