Ruby Web Developer Intern
About the Job
We were founded in 2007, have over 300 colleges and universities as clients and are growing rapidly to reach our goal of working with the 4,000+ colleges and universities across the United States and Canada. In the future, we will also be entering other markets that can utilize our dynamic and evolving product. We have an exciting and relaxed corporate culture that values team members' contributions and dedication. Come be a part of our growth.
We're looking for a programming virtuoso to work alongside a small team of developers and designers committed to building a robust, performant and scalable web application that our users love. You have an attention to detail and a professional curiosity that extends beyond the workplace. You will work in a mostly autonomous environment, so you have to be just as awesome at getting things done as you are at composing elegant solutions.
Most of our code is written in Ruby and runs on the Rails stack backed by a MySQL database, but we also incorporate other technologies such as Node.js, Memcached and Redis. We use GitHub for version control and our infrastructure is entirely hosted via cloud services.
An internship with us will entail helping us build out a robust testing framework with a possible move into feature development, depending on your skill-set and fit with the development team.
- Passable knowledge of Ruby or a related interpreted language
- Passion for developing excellent software and an appreciation for elegant code
- Experience with MVC web frameworks and RESTful service design
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with key/value stores and caching techniques
- Open source project contributions a plus
- Ability to play "Careless Whisper" on saxophone a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org