Office of Research & Strategic Initiatives
The Office of Research and Strategic Initiatives (RSI) at OrgSync assists higher education professionals in designing, coordinating, and assessing programs to enhance student leadership, engagement, involvement, and success. Through thought leadership programs, collaborative research, consulting services, and educational resources, we provide a holistic approach to designing intentional collegiate programs.
Over 40 years of institutional experience
We are comprised of team members with expertise in leadership development having worked in assessment, admissions, leadership programs, student organizations, multicultural affairs, campus programming, fraternity and sorority life, orientation, career services, alumni and advancement, residence life, and more.
Seasoned higher education consultants
Prior consulting projects include:
- Redesigned a large, public institution’s student engagement assessment metrics to include technology resources including online communities, virtual offices, and websites.
- Led a higher education professional association in the re-evaluation of services to members leading to increasing membership engagement by 300% over the course of one year.
- Developed a new organizational chart, reporting lines, and responsibilities for all positions within Student Affairs division at a large, public institution due to funding cuts and new divisional strategic objectives.
- Revamp of student services and advising efforts that increased first year student retention by 10% in one year at small private liberal arts institution
- Engaged a large, faith-based institution in re-evaluating their social media strategy and incorporating it into their divisional annual assessments providing a more holistic view of the success of marketing initiatives.
- Worked with a faith-based research institution to review the student ethos code and conduct focus groups and surveys to develop a new student promise for the institution serving as the foundation of all first-year student-programming initiatives.
- Developed communication & marketing plans resulting in an increase of student participation by 100% at large public institution.
Experienced practitioners, scholars, & faculty
The RSI team have extensive experience as practitioners and faculty members at higher education institutions ranging from prestigious Ivy League schools to large public land-grant universities and small liberal arts institutions. Staff members also conduct original research and have been published in industry newsletters, peer-reviewed journals, and books in the areas of:
- Student success and retention
- Leadership competency development
- Generation Z
- Leadership educator identity development
- Self-intentions for development
- Underrepresented student identity development
- Student leader stress
National speakers and presenters
Our staff have provided keynotes and conference presentations for a variety of national and regional higher education professional and institutional conferences. Speaking engagements have included:
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- American College Personnel Association(ACPA)
- Association of College Unions International (ACUI)
- Leadership Educators Institute (LEI)
- National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC)
- International Leadership Association (ILA)
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs (NCLC)