In this document, 'OrgSync.com' and 'OrgSync' are property owned by OrgSync, Inc. and may be used synonymously with 'OrgSync, Inc.' where appropriate.
What Personal Information About Users Does OrgSync Gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at OrgSync.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future visits for you, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "session variables," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses OrgSync.com. Unlike "cookies," "session variables" reside on our server and not on your computer.
- E-mail Communications: We store all e-mail correspondences between you and OrgSync.com in order to improve your future experiences.
Does OrgSync Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share user information only as needed and only as described below.
- Protection of OrgSync and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is required to comply with the law or a court order; to enforce or apply our Master Subscription Agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of OrgSync, our users, or others. To the extent allowed by law, we will promptly inform you of any request for release of your information.
- Agents: We employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include website hosting, e-mail processing and credit card processing. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- As part of our service: OrgSync is a form of social network. As such, the information you supply may be used to help connect you with other similar members. Additionally, administrators of any organization you join have the option of making several of the components of your OrgSync enabled organization publicly accessible. Please check with your organization's administrators before you register if you are concerned that your activities within the club may be made public.
- Facebook Connect: Orgsync does not send or share information with Facebook in any manner. Facebook is aware when someone logs in to OrgSync through Facebook Connect, but no user information is sent from OrgSync to Facebook.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmissions by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and randomized hashing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off and close the web browser when you are finished using the site.
Which Information Can I Access?
OrgSync gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with OrgSync.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of some of OrgSync.com's features.
- You can add, hide, remove or update certain personal information including email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, and memberships.
OrgSync.com does not sell products or services for purchase by children. When products are suitable for use by children, they are intended as products and services for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use OrgSync.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian or if you are an enrolled student of one of our customers.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions .
U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework
OrgSync complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. OrgSync has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view OrgSync’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
In the event of a dispute, the EU Data Protection Authorities will serve as an independent recourse mechanism for dispute resolution arising from collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from EU member countries.